As a graduate student and full time employed 26 year old, I have come here to share with everyone that it’s possible to look put together in a hurry! I am free mostly the weekends and this is a time for me to catch up with loved ones, go out to some of my favorite restaurants and shop of course! I have read up on some great techniques and tips for throwing together a last minute outfit but these are some of the tried and true methods that work personally for me when I finally get a moment to enjoy myself.
- Layer- layering always makes the outfit more intricate and seems like you’ve put more effort than you actually did. This olive trench style jacket is perfect to throw over literally anything for an instant cool girl vibe.
- One trend- Find one thing that sticks out as “new” or “fresh” or even eye catching. Pieces like these can be conversation starters and ways for you to stand out from the crowd. I went with this denim button up style skirt that everyone is rocking these days.
- Basics with a twist- I used an oversized white t-shirt and tied it up in the front for a more feminine feel.
- Staple classic items- These black mule sandals are perfect for the Florida weather and are so comfortable and chic with the gold detailing. Funny enough, these are shoes I would see my mom wear and used to think they were “old lady style” funny how things change and now I love them! My Kate Spade purse is also a staple classic item that I wear with everything for a sophisticated touch.
- Pop of color- Lastly a pop of color isn’t necessary but always fun; I played around with a bright red lip and loved the finished look!
You can play around with different textures, colors and patterns on the “off” days to make up for the drab work wear worn during the week. Links below to items!