A Golden State of Mind…..
So the time has come to recap both of our magnificent trips to the golden state, California! I (Ari) have visited the cities of Sacramento and San Francisco before and my sister Gwen had never been. Both of us embarked on the journey to the west coast for some birthday celebrations and all around good times with friends. Below is a compiled list of some places I thought were worth checking out if you are ever in the Los Angeles area. Stay tuned for part two where Gwen covers San Diego and more!
California foodies did not disappoint! Here were some eateries I thought were yummy.
- Grand Central Market- This plaza is extremely popular for some famous eateries like Egg Slut and Ramen Hood but don’t count out any of the others! “ress brothers juicer”gives you the pick me up you need after the long flight to Cali from the east coast. “Saritas Pupuseria” and “Tacos Tumbras a Tomas” both give you a taste of the local latin flair for those who are money savvy and want the most bang for their buck!
- In and Out– Need I say more?
- Candela Taco Bar & Lounge- Located on La Brea avenue this place offers great food including specials and promotions like “margarita mondays, tango tuesdays and taco wednesdays. With live music and performances you cannot beat the authenticity and price of this special bar.
- Cj’s Cafe– With its seemingly small exterior it might be easy to miss this cafe, but it could be hands down one of the yummiest casual spots yet! Cj’s serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and fresh juices! The menu ranges from traditional american fare to mexican and beyond. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly and the food was delicious. Try the huevos rancheros for breakfast and watermelon/ cantaloupe fresh juice the morning after a night out.
- Lacma– Known for its popularity amongst bloggers, you can’t help but at least admire the instillation and relax with friends on a chilly evening amongst the lights.
- Griffith Observatory-This free attraction is amazing for panoramic views of the city including the Hollywood Sign. You can also visit the planetarium and explore the exhibits during regular hours.
- Venice Beach & Santa Monica Pier– These are must sees anytime you go to LA. They both represent the quintessential Cali lifestyle and leisure we all know and love, surf sand beach!
- La City Hall Observation Deck– Although most may not know it, if you go to city hall and get a free visitors pass you can go to the top of the roof where they offer amazing views of the city from a different perspective. Its free and easy!
- Sunset Blvd- Bar hopping galore! “Fiesta Cantina” was a great spot to grab a drink. Not for the faint of heart, “Flaming Saddles” is a Gay bar catering to scantily clad men in tightey whitey underwear- yes please!
- The Arglye Hollywood Nightclub- This swanky spot is perfect to get dressed up and sexy with your girls to dance the night away.
This was just a short list as I’m sure LA has so much more to offer. Stay tuned for my sisters secondary post on her favorite spots in other cities.