As bloggers we are both inclined to always try new trends or styles in order to consistently stay abreast of all the latest and greatest. Although we love shopping and reviewing new things, there are those constant tried and true items that will always be staples in our lives and really stand the test of time. Here are our top 6 fashion items we are grateful exist in this world that make us look and feel our very best.
Top 6 things Ari & Gwen are grateful for this year-
- Peplums/A-lines cuts- Neither of us were born with any God given curves on the bottom half and so we fake it till we make it! Peplums do a great job at hiding the tummy while giving the illusion of curves on the sides. A-lines cinch you in at your smallest point and then give the illusion of hips with the free flowing nature of the cut.
- V-Neck- Whether it be in the form of a dress or top V-necks work great to elongate the neck and show off our greatest assets. Having a bigger chest sometimes makes it hard to rock a standard rounded collar because it may mess with your proportions.
- Booties- As we both get older booties are taking the spotlight for most settings. Whether they are suede, leather or have some cut-outs they can be so versatile and much more comfortable than the alternative while still offering a polished look.
- Nude Sandals/Heels- For when it is absolutely required to rock a heel you cannot go wrong with a nude staple sandal. We love a matte leather finish that can transition from the work place to night with ease. Can we also say legs for days?
- Shapewear- We could write an entire blog post about this (we probably will sometime in the future). Not only does it suck you in all the wrong places, it also helps lift and accentuate the parts you are happy with. Not to mention it helps conceal your body with any sheer clothing and avoid that dreaded belly button outline we all hate.
- Denim/Leather/Anorak Jacket- You guys get the hint, basically any jacket will do! Not only do they keep you warmer in cooler temps but they also complete a look in a way that no other item can. Drape it over your shoulders, tie it around your waist or keep it on your body the old fashioned way, a jacket can dramatically change the entire look of an outfit from boring to fabulous.
All in all we are thankful for one another and our families and can’t wait to reunite for Christmas. Our blog is going in a great direction and we cannot wait to see what the future will bring.
Love Ari & Gwen